Position based at our Bridgnorth Office
In this role your overall responsibility will be to prepare accounts with information provided by the client to a standard set by the institute of chartered accountants, at a level ready for partner review.
The Ideal candidate will be looking to progress into a junior managerial/supervisory role.
- Assistance with workflow management to ensure practice targets are met
- To prepare accounts at for review and completion
- Preparation of Corporation Tax returns
- Visit clients’ premises if necessary to obtain information to complete accounts
- Responsible for the training and monitoring of staff within our Bridgnorth Office
- To follow all office procedures
- Responding to and dealing with client queries
- At least 4 years’ experience within an accountancy practice firm
- Knowledge of IRIS and strong MS office skills, particularly Excel
- Knowledge of Quickbooks, Sage, Xero
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- The ability to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues
- The ability to self-manage and work autonomously
We are offering a salary range of £28,000-£35,000 dependent upon experience and qualification.
Please send CV along with covering letter to Martin Jones via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full time and permanent
- The position available is based in our Walsall Office
We are a forward thinking modern Accountancy Practice, and are currently recruiting an Accounts Trainee to join our team on a permanent basis. With a proven track record of training our team members and promotion from within.
This is an opportunity for candidates to join a company that truly invests in their staff, and can offer opportunities for progression.
Duties of the role include:
- Preparation of statutory accounts for review and to completion for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Preparation of Management accounts.
- Prepare Corporation tax returns.
- Some assistance with audit.
- Maintain effective communication with all interested parties on each job
- Respond to and deal with client queries.
- Any other reasonable tasks as requested by a Manager or Director.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Have a strong desire to work in an accountancy practice.
- Have strong GCSE grades, minimum of A grade Mathematics & English.
- Able to build strong client relationships
- Self-motivated, efficient and hard working
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Pay attention to detail
- Meticulous in maintaining records
- Have good communication skills
- Able to interact positively with staff at all levels
- Able to take responsibility
- Able to deal with deadlines
In return we are able to offer a competitive salary, continual professional development, Study suppor, and the opportunity to become part of a warm & welcoming team.
We are looking for candidates who are hugely enthusiastic about the opportunities that this position can offer.
To apply please send your C.V. along with a cover letter to Richard Smallwood in our Walsall office or via e-mail to email@example.com
Early applications will be an advantage as we are looking to recruit before September.